What are the advantages over regular solo mining?
- Mining at NiceHash solo mining avoids the overheads of running a full Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dash/Sharkcoin mining node at your site that requires both great storage and bandwidth for optimal performance.
- NiceHash solo mining pools are extensively connected to high speed low latency Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dash/Sharkcoin nodes for rapid block change notification and propagation.
- NiceHash solo mining pool never mines transaction-free blocks due to its ultra-scalable code which has miners on both new blocks and transactions concurrently thus providing great efficiency.
What are the pool's fee?
- The pool fee is 0.5%. If you find a block, 99.5% of the block reward + transaction fee rewards get generated directly at your address. 10% of our fee for Bitcoin mining is directly donated to Con Kolivas BTC address 148KkS2vgVi4VzUi4JcKzM2PMaMVPi3nnq as contribution for his work on stratum pool core development.
Is NiceHash solo mining & blockchain lottery suitable for me?
Sure it is if:
- You are owner of large farm and would like to benefit from solo mining.
- You like to play lottery and gamble by trying luck with solo mining by using your own miner or by renting larger amounts of hashing power from NiceHash which greatly increases your odds to find a block!
- It is also appropriate for regular miners who wish to take extra risk for greater reward potential by finding a block rather then get small standard pool rewards.
- If you simply want to do solo mining but wish to avoid the overheads of running full private nodes.
- If you are a miner with old/inefficient miners that will never earn any rewards through regular mining and wish to leave it mining as a lottery device.
Can I adjust mining difficulty?
Our system is using vardiff and will automatically adjust optimal difficulty for your miner. Nevertheless you can set custom preferred difficulty by setting diff_xxx in your worker password, example for Litecoin pool with Titan miner:
stratum+tcp://stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3333 -u yourAddress.Worker1 -p diff_16384
- You can set it similarly for Bitcoin and Dash and Sharkcoin pool. Warning: for Dash you have to take into account difficulty multiplier. Diff have to multiplied by 65536. Example: if you want to set difficulty for Dash to 0.03125 you have to enter diff_2048 (0.03125 * 65536 = 2048).
Where can I get statistic reports?
- Please use our APIs:
- Replace "bitcoin" with "litecoin" or "dash" or "sharkcoin" for other coins.
What is Best Share?
- Shares are submitted by your miners to the pool. When a submitted and accepted share number is higher then current network difficulty, a block is found and waiting to be accepted/confirmed by the network. Once a block is found on this pool all miner stats of best share are reset to zero. As your miner works on shares the largest share is recorded and as you find a larger share that new best share replaces your last - this can take days, months or seconds to do. So over time your shares most likely will increase but they may not before the next block is found and everyone's best share reset to zero again. Basically it does not have any particular useful meaning besides giving a psychological good or bad feeling about your potential luck for submitting a winning share.